Thursday, April 9, 2009

Re-Visiting Old Favorites



I thought I would re-visit some of my favorite recipes from last spring. I have been blogging for about a year now, though, I did sort of neglect Seasonal Cuisine for about the first 6 months of my daughter's life (if you remember, I had a baby back in September). Even though I like all of my recipes, I do like some more than others.

I have to say my favorite recipe, and most versatile, is Savory Roasted Spring Vegetables. This recipe can be adapted to any season, and has been my quick fix meal 3-4 times a week since my little girl was born. For those occasionally cold and rainy days we have in early April, think about Hearty Spring Minestrone. This soup is filled with great spring vegetables, whole wheat pasta, and energizing beans; a perfect soup to revitalize you on a cold day. Since strawberries are coming back in full force, with blueberries soon to follow, I've been making Berries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal, my favorite pregnancy breakfast. With all the beautiful golden beets showing up at the farmers market, Golden Sunshine Slaw would be a nice change from a green salad. And last but not least, my favorite grain salad, Asparagus and Wild Rice Salad. This salad is my favorite for spring get togethers and caterings. It is a glorious combination of asparagus, wild rice, fennel, hazelnuts, and a Myer lemon-Shallot vinaigrette. Yum Yum!

No comments: